WRLS 2018 Keynote Speaker Selection Guidelines
Deadline of Submission: April 30, 2018
WRLS 2018 KEYNOTE SPEAKER SELECTION GUIDELINES
The following guidelines shall govern the selection of speakers for all the keynote AA speakers at each of the “main” meetings.
- Speaker candidates must have at least five years of continuous sobriety by the conference date.
- Speakers must be members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender recovery community.
- There will be an equal number of self-identified male and female speakers.
- Consistent with the Western Roundup Living Sober commitment to diversity; as well as the spirit of AA’s Third Tradition (invoking inclusion); the Speakers will include individuals who identify as person(s) of color and/or members of traditionally underrepresented communities.
- Following a longstanding tradition of The Western Roundup Living Sober Conference, the previous year’s Chair of the Conference, will be invited to speak at the conference.
- Submissions will not be accepted from persons who are currently serving on the Advisory Board, Steering Committee, Committee Co-Chairs or members of the 2017 Speaker Committee, as possible candidates to be keynote speakers for the 2018 Conference.
- Submissions from candidates who have been a keynote speaker at Western Roundup Living Sober within the last ten years will not be accepted.
- It is suggested that all submissions be recorded within the past five years, at a live share, versus a private recording.
- Speaker submissions are due by April 30, 2018.
- Western Roundup Living Sober has a commitment to diversity and does not tolerate language or humor revolving around race or gender that would reasonably be deemed offensive by members of the community.
Please submit shares to email@example.com.