2019 Living Sober Conference Speaker Submissions
Calling All Speakers!
Want to be a speaker at the 2019 WRLS Conference?
Western Roundup Living Sober 2019 is looking for a few amazing speakers and YOU could be one of them! Share your experience, strength, and hope at the Western Roundup Living Sober (WRLS) 2019 Conference, the original and longest running LGBT Conference in the world.
Read the speaker guidelines. If you meet the requirements, please submit your recently recorded share to the email@example.com. If you’ve heard an amazing share that you know would be perfect for Living Sober, please talk with the speaker and suggest it be submitted for consideration.
Be a part of this transformative conference. Be of service. Share your story.
Submission deadline is April 30, 2019!
GUIDELINES FOR SPEAKER CANDIDATES
- Speaker candidates must have at least five years of continuous sobriety by the conference date.
- Speakers must be members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender recovery community.
- There will be an equalized representation of gender across the speakers selected.
- Consistent with the Western Roundup Living Sober Conference commitment to diversity; as well as the spirit of AA’s Third Tradition (invoking inclusion); the speakers will include individuals who identify as person(s) of color and/or members of traditionally underrepresented communities.
- Following a long-standing tradition of the Western Roundup Living Sober Conference, the previous year’s Chair of the Conference, will be invited to speak at the conference.
- Submissions will not be accepted from persons who are currently serving on the Advisory Board, Steering Committee, Committee Co-Chairs or members of the 2018 Speaker Committee, as possible candidates to be keynote speakers for the 2019 Conference.
- Submissions from candidates who have been a keynote speaker at the Western Roundup Living Sober Conference within the last ten years will not be accepted.
- It is suggested that all submissions be recorded within the past five years, at a live share, versus a private recording.
- The Western Roundup Living Sober Conference has a commitment to diversity and will not tolerate language or humor revolving around race or gender that would reasonably be deemed offensive by members of the community.
- Speaker submissions are due by April 30th, 2019.
Once you review the guidelines, send us your share!
Please send your recorded share (audio file) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are reviewed by a panel and the 2019 speakers will be contacted by the end of June.
Please submit shares and any questions to email@example.com.