The purpose and intent of Living Sober is to celebrate our sobriety at an annual conference to be held in San Francisco, California, and known as Western Roundup / Living Sober of San Francisco.
Living Sober will provide a sober environment for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender members within the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous; our purpose is to support individual sobriety and maintain unity.
Living Sober will structure its activities within the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous and the AA Guidelines for Conferences and Conventions. To this end, the Living Sober General Planning Committee will each year approve a conference budget with an affordable registration fee.
It is our intent to establish a scholarship fund for conference registration fees, fully provided by member donations; it is our hope to adequately address the needs for those with a lack of funds.
Policy of Mutual Respect
Western Roundup/Living Sober of San Francisco, Inc. is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which gay men, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered persons can work together in an atmosphere free of all forms of harassment, exploitation or intimidation. Western Roundup/Living Sober of San Francisco, Inc. believes that the dignity of the individual and mutual respect are inherent parts of membership. All Advisory Board, Committee and Planning members are therefore required to adhere to the following Policy of Mutual Respect:
- To promote positive public relations and public image of the organization.
- To embody respect for truth, honesty, politeness and fairness in dealing with each other and the general public.
- To respect diversity including equal regard for ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, class and disabled differences.
- To comply with the policies and procedures of the organization.
- To refrain from any action, word or deed which may be construed as harassment towards any other person.
- To refrain from sexual harassment as defined by the Fair Employment and Housing Act.
- At all times to behave in a polite and professional manner, both in meetings and outside of meetings, when representing the organization, respecting the views of others.
Every member of the Western Roundup/Living Sober of San Francisco, Inc
community should be aware that the organization is strongly opposed to any
form of harassment and that such behavior is prohibited both by the law and
the policies of Western Roundup/Living Sober of San Francisco, Inc. It is the
intention of the organization to take whatever action may be needed to prevent
and/or correct behavior which violates this policy. All members of the
organization including, but not limited to, the Advisory Board, Steering
Committee, Sub-Committee Co-Chairs and members of the General Planning
Committee have the responsibility for participation in the creation of a
conference, committee meetings and Living Sober events that are free from